Tuesday 16 October 2018

Is It For God's Glory?


Courtesy:icl.org
The morality debate is currently trending and has been trending for some months now in the country. All of us have our own definitions and perception when it comes to differentiating and understanding what is really right and wrong. We can defend and justify our actions and behaviors to others with all the energy in us. 

Today’s society has an added advantage compared to the society in the seventies and eighties. Technology has opened our eyes and ears to the world. People are more open-minded to a lot of things from relationships to accepting and embracing other people’s cultures. 

When someone does something wrong or unexpected how people react at times leaves me wondering whether we know and understand what is good or bad behavior. We are always pointing a finger at someone else whenever a wrong has been done.
When a girl gets pregnant, her mother is blamed for not teaching good manners. Her parents blame her for being indecent yet they have never had a sex talk with her. The parents, on the other hand, blame each other. The girl then blames God for allowing bad things to happen to her. No one wants to accept the blame and try to find the best way out of the problem.

Also check out: Let Me Be.
Courtesy:csb.com
When a young man gets into drug abuse, the cycle is the same. Society is pointing fingers at the parents. Parents are blaming each other and the young man is blaming stress, and friends amongst other factors. 

Parents are the most affected people when it comes to morality. We are always ready to accuse them of negligence. Is that really the case? It could be they stuck to the script and played their role the best they could. On the other hand, it could be, whatever it is they did was and they still know that it is the best for their children.

Whenever there is a corruption scandal in government all you will hear is everyone blaming everyone. From political enemies to competitors and other outside factors even when all factors clearly show one had a role to play in the scandal. What the rest of us do is even worse. We riot all over the streets in solidarity with one of your tribesmen without even being curious enough to know the details of the charges against them. I’m yet to witness a corruption scandal where the accused would accept their mistake apologize and take total responsibility for what happened.

I’m not writing to point fingers and be judgmental. I know we are all different and hence unique in the choices we make in life. This includes; how and what we do with our bodies, when and who to date or get married to, what and who we want to be associated with or what groups of people we want to be associated with. 

I want to just share my insight on what we all ought to do before branding our deeds and behaviors as either good or bad. 

Galatians 1:10........ For do I now persuade men or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ. 

In all the decisions and choices I make concerning my life, I ask myself what's the purpose. I’m I making them for my own desires, to seek approval and acceptance before people, or is it right before God? Is God pleased with all of me?

Before I convince myself that; the deal I’m about to engage myself in is my quick solution out of poverty, drug abuse is the solution to the problem I’m facing, or starting a relationship with a married man/woman; the statement in my mind should be “Am I doing it for Men, Myself or for God?"

Courtesy:weare. UK
If we asked ourselves some of these questions then I believe Corruption, Sponsor Manenoz, divorce, my dress my choice, sexual immorality, robbery, FGM, and other societal vices will be tales of the past. 

Social media is no longer just an amazing innovation, we are turning it into a torture chamber for the people we feel are evil. We vent out our hate and dislike for those we hate and yet we have never met or interacted with them at any point in their lives. We turn ourselves to small gods and judge them very harshly. 
 
As humans, everything we do should bring glory and honor to God. I know most of us to have this motto MY LIFE MY CHOICES which is a very good life philosophy. These questions recently hit my mind and heart in a very strong way; Whom am I seeking to please in all that I do? And is that my true calling? What am I after in whatever I’m doing or planning to do? And what message am I sending to God as His Bondservant? 

Consult your heart and mind mostly through prayer and scripture just to be clear that you are on the right path before embarking on any mission. One thing I never forget is that it is never late to do the right thing. Yes! I’m a mess, but I am a beautiful mess, I’m God’s masterpiece.

Read, Comment, Share and Subscribe!

   

Related Articles
1. Letter From the Other Side.
2. My Life Their Demands.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment