Friday 10 March 2017

"Nothing Can Make Me Leave My Wife" Confession of a Nairobi Business Man


Courtesy: fabulouslybrokeinthecity
The other day I was seated silently in a unisex Saloon and Barber shop having my hair done. Not so far from me was a man having a pedicure and he seemed like a regular.

There were so many topics on discussion from the political atmosphere, youth unemployment, the value of a Kenyan degree and marriage among others. I felt the urge
to comment but was seated in a hair dryer.

‘I have a case of a lady who has been married for years and is asking me to get her a job!’ Tish one of the attendants who doubles up as a house help agent explained.

She told us that they fellowship together and have been friends for several years. However, Tish says that she cannot get her a job. This lady is very attractive and I do not think any of you can agree to employ her.’

The other lady jumped in promptly, ‘If a lady cannot trust their husband with a house help then it means they already have problems.’

My fellow customer, let me call him John asked, ‘Why would a beautiful and married woman be looking for a job as a house help?’

Courtesy: Storyline blog
The women has 3 children of different age and the husband kicked her out accusing her of infidelity. She has never been employed and is a born again Christian. Now she is looking for an income to support her children.

John asked, why she accepted to be kicked out. He felt that both the man and women were quite stupid for lack of a better word.

According to Tish, the hubby had threaten to take away his life if she remained in that house. We all found the case strange given that, he had no evidence of infidelity and neither did the lady have prior history.


Lesson on how to build a home

John took it upon himself to educate us on how to build a home. He used himself as a real life example. Though I am not sure whom the lesson was aimed at but we all listened keenly.

Lesson 1: A woman will only ‘go outside’ (Enda inje) a direct translation to mean cheat to look for something she is not getting at home. Therefore, a man should provide for all her woman needs so that she has no opportunity to go outside.

‘If my wife goes to a friend’s house and sees something she like, I will buy it for her. I have offered her a life that she lacks nothing and her peers are even jealous. She even tells me that, if anything ever goes wrong she would be the one to blame.’ John said in confidence.

Lesson 2: A woman will only treat you the way you treat her. If you need your wife to respect you then be a man. Make all the sacrifices you need to make and be there for your family.

Courtesy:thebridalbox.com
Lesson 3: Women ought to appreciate their husband. The man is the head of the family and the wife should acknowledge and appreciate that.

Lesson 4: Do not be so quick to break up your family. ‘I cannot leave my wife on basis of rumors of infidelity. It has taken me years of hard work to build a home and will not let anyone else enjoy it.’ John concluded.

Allow me to leave it here for fear of watering the lessons down.

Here are related articles;


No comments:

Post a Comment