Tuesday 10 January 2017

Thou Shall Respect Thy Body

Courtesy: googles.com
“Everyone does it even the priests, Imams and bishops.” This was my boyfriend of 3 months justifying his real intentions of wanting to have sex with me. We both were born again Christians so I thought. I had gone to visit and spend sometime with my boyfriend after being apart for almost a month.

On this particular Wednesday he was very rough. His hands were trying to be all over me. To me this kind of behavior was a bit strange coming from him since he had suggested that we remain pure in this relationship until marriage.

For any girl especially a born again Christian like me that was the best news and I thanked God for sending this Angel of a man into my life (rolling eyes). For real who doesn’t need a person who chooses to remain pure until they say I do?  Well I DO.

My people apart from the Holy book telling and advising us to remain pure. Chastity is a matter of choice. Depending on the values that were instilled in us by our parents and the people we associated with as we grew up. There are some principles we put on ourselves that sometimes define who we really are. 

So Jason (that is his name) was behaving in a rather awkward manner. Politely I told him No( And by the way men when a lady these days tells you NO she definitely means it please do not interpret it the other way round). 

He kept on insisting and reminding me how the holy people also do it. Yes it is true that everyone does it but one thing he was forgetting was we were not ‘everyone’ and I would not do it because everyone was doing it. I choose to remain pure in my relationships and when I shared my thoughts with him he agreed. So I do not know what went wrong along the way.
 
“This relationship without intimacy feels like I’m dating my sister or mother.” ……..What! But I thought we agreed or were we agreeing just so that I would fall in love with you knowing you had in you some of the values I had in me?” I asked looking straight into his eyes. “Things change and I have changed you better change some of those so called Christian values fast,” he replied. 

As young Christians, we've probably been warned not to have sex before marriage. Maybe you've gotten the impression that God thinks sex is bad, but the Bible says something quite contrary. If looked at from a godly perspective, sex in the Bible is a very good thing. Sex is a beautiful thing meant to be experienced by a married couple. 
Sex is for married couples. Period. I’m not in any way judging that who are sexually active outside marriage but that is the truth. The Bible does agrees. God calls us all to control our passions and wait for marriage:
  • But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. (1 Corinthians 7:2-3,
  • It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, (1Thessalonians 4:3-4,)

Sex is a gift from God to be fully enjoyed by married couples. When we honor God's boundaries, sex is a very good and beautiful thing. 
 
Fact is:-  
  • Not everybody is having sex and yes sex is a very big deal because it involves our emotions. Sex and love are not one and the same thing. They are very different, but they are meant to complement one another. If you are in love it does not mean you should have sex. 
  • Sex is an act. Love is an emotion. They are very different, and it can be dangerous to mix them up. You should never feel like you have to have sex with someone just because you want to show them you love them. 
  • There are plenty of non-sexual ways to show your love to someone (that is a story for another day.….).  That does not mean you have turned into your boyfriend or girlfriend’s relative                                                                                                                   

   Question: Are you happy and comfortable with what happens in your relationship and how far is too far? 

what is chastity to you? 

Related Articles:
1. 5 Ways to Say 'You Love Him' Without Using Words
2. 6 Things to Look For When Searching for Mr. Right

HAPPY WISE CHOICES YEAR! 

No comments:

Post a Comment