Tuesday 3 March 2020

Dear Mama

Dear Mama by Kimwomi Brian
Photo | Courtesy
I’m sorry I’m never appreciative for all the good things you’ve done unto me. Even though my love may seem unrequited to you, best believe my soul is humbled and meek before you. Many are times you’ve shown your selfless motherly love unto me even when the world was not receptive towards me. Always taping my back and assuring me for as long as my heart drums against my ribs I have no reason to lament.
I remember days when you’d serve yourself the lowest share and serve us plenty just to ensure we have more and don’t wake up at wee hours on empty tummies. Instances when we’d take ugali and cooked bananas for lunch, just because we had no vegetables to accompany a balanced diet meal. 

Whenever our neighbors would boast about having a three coarse meal, you always assured us it’s going to be fine. Each time when we would have to scramble for food and you ended up missing, yet you sweat in the kitchen preparing for us.

Days when you would get rained on in the farm, just to save up the money for our fees and our pocket money. Many are times you woke up and left us in bed just to fend for our unending demands. Forever is my soul appreciative.

On this women’s day, I honor you my heroine. For all the sacrifices you made just to have me here today alive and kicking. No amount of monetary value would be able to payback the good you’ve done to me. All I pray is for God to keep on granting you safe and sound life. Live long, to eat the fruits of your hard labor through me.


Do you have a story you would like to share? Talk to us via thedecentconversations@gmail.com

Reach out to us for counseling, coaching and life skills training services.

Engage and learn more from our podcast on SoundCloud and Interact with us on Twitter and Facebook

Related Articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment