Friday 27 October 2017

Phones and Relationships

Courtesy:Hotstuff.tech
Salon gossip is always true (if not most of the time it's real life) A few days back  I was at the salon and this beautiful lady walks in all jovial and excited, sits, and starts chit-chatting with my hairdresser. In the process, my hairdresser asks how her home is. We were doing fine until his phone forced us to call in the pastor to come and reconcile the two of us. 

"Mary how many times have I warned you that if you wanted to have peace in your marriage do not touch your husband's phone. What you do not know won't kill you!" exclaimed my hairdresser.
I'm not one to go snooping on my husband's phone but on this particular day, he acted very strangely. I got home from church and wanted to inquire about something from my Bible study team leader. Since I didn't have enough airtime on my phone I asked to use his and was very reluctant to give it to me. I got very curious and my gut feeling kept telling me there was something he was hiding from me. 

So when he hands her the phone she makes the call and after that goes straights to his messages and call log then goes ahead to call the number confirming what her instincts were telling her. Then all hell broke loose in their house.


I listened to this conversation and it really got me thinking. Mobile phones and technology are really a blessing to the human population in the 21st century. It's a man who is turning this decent gadget into a curse and a worst nightmare. Mobile phones are personal items and I thought to myself that if I were to give advice this will be my take:

Never ever abuse the other person. Don't go verbally abusing or sending offensive messages or images. It could be he/she has no idea you are in the picture. You can be sued for defamation.

Have your facts been verified? Before you go on a ranting spree and break everything in your house do a little detective work. it could be the person you think is having an affair with your spouse is really just a client.

Keep off your spouse's phone. This is a sign of maturity and trusts in any relationship, the fact that you are not worried about what your partner is doing or has on his phone shows a lot of maturity and trust not only in the other person but in oneself.

Don't be the jealous type, who keeps suspecting and snooping in on your spouse's conversations and messages. This will save you from dying of Stomach ulcers, heart ulcers, and a lot of unnecessary sleepless nights.

Read and Share your Anecdotes of mobile phones in your relationships.


1 comment:

  1. Phones is a tricky and slippery subject. However, someone who is unfaithful will cover their footsteps perfectly and the phone won't tell you much. On the other hand, if you like snooping you will definitely get something or misinterpret something.

    ReplyDelete