Parental Influence on Children Character Formation
|Courtesy: Nursing Homes|
- Teach by example by having a positive character. Children absorb what they see and hear.
- Strive to be better than your own parents by improving on the weaknesses which your parents had.
- Be very observant and keen with your children. In addition, try to identify their innate abilities and nurture them early.
- Have a great sense of self-awareness and deal with burdens from your past so as to sieve through what you transfer unto your children.
- Be carefully of how you relate with your relate to your children despite the desire to be strict.
- Be conscious of how you subconsciously relate to children and what you say when driven by emotions.
- Work on your parenting competency. Talk to others and even professionals to learn on what is required of you as a parent. Children do not come with a manual and there is need to learn on the job to bring up a great generation.